Our race times have been posted! The team is paddling at 10:00 A.M. and 12:42 P.M. on Sunday, June 4th at the MB Canoe & Kayak Centre, 80 Churchill Drive (Note change of venue for race day from previous years). It is suggested by the organizers that we be at the site one hour before our race time so plan to be there for 9:00 A.M! Semi final and final race times will be determined after results from the Round one race. Paddlers are required to stay the whole day. Races will go on even if it is raining, so everyone should come dressed for the weather.
Food and beverages will be available by different vendors all day along a closed portion of Churchill Drive. See attached map. It is suggested that you do not leave the site between races. If you are not at the site when we are called to the marshalling area, someone may be asked to take your place in the boat. Please remember to bring as much water as you anticipate needing for the day in reusable containers to save in bottle waste.
Festival Parking Information: See the attached parking diagram and read the suggestions below.
1. There will be a drop off loop for paddlers wishing to drop off gear/coolers etc. by Churchill High School on Churchill Ave., close to where the vendors are set up and is about 25 feet wide.
2. There will be Paid V.I.P. parking option on the east part of Churchill Drive (east of the food vendors) at a Cost of $10.00 per car. If you leave, your spot will be sold to another car. The area should fit up to 118 cars on diagonal. We have accounted for 10′ wide parking spots…standard is 9′ wide. There will be volunteers to guide you, but please park reasonably close to the other cars.
3. Residential streets have plenty of room. Remember that Morley and Eccles streets have a 2 hr. time limit. Most other streets have no restrictions on evenings and weekends, but please check the signs where you park.
4. There is optional parking at Churchill High School.
5. Within 10-15 minutes’ walk, the neighbourhood could accommodate well over 1000 vehicles. If you park on the west side of Osborne, please cross safely at controlled intersections. We don’t want people injured.
6. Handicap parking will be marked, near Churchill School in lot closest to Churchill Drive.
7. Please remember that you are parking in a residential area and be considerate of the homeowners.
8. Consider the option to go green and carpool.
See attached map of the site as well as directions there.
Good luck and see you on Sunday!